Post by Cadman on Jul 22, 2015 18:48:39 GMT -8
Due to the fires, we are going to Oroville. See posts on page 4.
JoRay and I will be staying in Weaverville and riding the area over the Labor Day weekend. September 4th through the 7th.
We are going to stay at The 49er Gold Country Inn ( 530-623-4937). I have spoken with the owner and he said they usually sell out, so we should not wait too long to book. You can cancel as late as a few days from then, but please be considerate and not wait to the last second to bail. Mention ZRX for room grouping, but I have made no group deal with him. The bigger rooms ($75) are in the back area (which is better for us) and so that is where we will be staying.
It is likely that I will be there Friday morning (9/4) and stay until Tuesday (9/8). Joe will be riding up after noon on Friday and going home Monday.
We have been talking about which roads to ride and such.
I am not going to post this on the ZRX board, but anybody that gets along well with the group here is welcome.
We would enjoy your company and you are certainly free to ride any roads you want.
In case of big storms coming in or the whole dang forest is burning, we are looking at a plan B in the Quincy area. That would only be if Weaverville is un-rideable. We would have to decide to change locations at least a week out so we can all book other rooms for a holiday weekend.
Here is an interactive map. At the right, turn on "Fires & Radar" to see what is happening.
in any event, we are going riding and would like for you to join us.
Going to have some fun: